SJU email accounts are also Microsoft Accounts, allowing each account to download and install Microsoft Office 365 on up to 5 personal devices.
Installing on a Computer:
(To install Office 365 suite on a mobile device such as a phone or tablet, please see: How do I set up my SJU email on a mobile device? )
- Visit: https://signon.stjohns.edu and log in with your credentials. If you are unsure how to log in, please refer to this help document
How do I log into Sign-on Okta Portal
- Once logged in, click on the Office 365 Office Portal
The Office 365 Installation page will appear at the top of the screen.
CLICK on “INSTALL OFFICE”. The version of the installation that will appear will depend on the operating system that is being used at the time of login.
(**If Microsoft Office for Mac is needed, the student must sign into the website with a Mac. If the Windows version of Microsoft Office is needed, the student must sign into the website with a Windows computer.)
- Steps on how to continue the installation will appear. If you do not see the button to click “Run.” You may have to check your Downloads folder to see if the installation has fully downloaded. Once it is completed, you can open it up to install. You must remain connected to the internet for the software to install. Office will be automatically activated with your SJU account when the install is finalized.
- After installation is complete. Open up one of the programs, such as Microsoft Word to complete activation. Click on the prompts to get to the Sign-In page.
- To login with your Microsoft Account:
- Students: Enter email in the format of: @my.stjohns.edu. Ex. John.Smith18@my.stjohns.edu
Employees / Faculty members: Enter the email address in the normal @stjohns.edu format.
- You will be redirected to Signon.stjohns.edu to confirm University credentials. Please enter your username and password.
** If you have any issues logging into Signon.stjohns.edu,Contact (718) 990-5000. **