If you CAN log in to UIS, but need to update your password, use this checklist to help guide you to change your University Information System (UIS) PIN & SECURITY QUESTION.
(**If your password / PIN is NOT working, and need to request to RESET it, please see this related article: How do I Reset My UIS PIN?)
Before we get started
- Locate your X-NUMBER before proceeding.
- Make sure you are navigating to the correct website.
- If you are new to SJU, have you set up your PIN before?
- If so, have you set-up a Security Question?
I know my x-number
- Open up your preferred internet browser. (Chrome, Safari)
- Type the following URL: https://apollo.stjohns.edu OR https://www.stjohns.edu/uis (both lead to the same site).
- Click on the box titled “USER ID”.
- Type your X-NUMBER otherwise known as your X ID NUMBER (For Example: X01234567)
- If you know your PIN, type it in the 2nd box titled “PIN”
- If you DO NOT KNOW your PIN, instead of typing a “PIN” click on the “FORGOT PIN” button.
- You will be prompted with the SECURITY QUESTION you established when you first set-up your account.
- Remember the ANSWER to your SECURITY QUESTION is CASE SENSITIVE.
- After you CORRECTLY ANSWER your SECURITY QUESTION you will be prompted to CREATE a new PIN.
I am already logged in to UIS and want to update my pin & security questions
- Click on the PERSONAL INFORMATION link.
- Click on CHANGE PIN to update your current PIN.
- To change the SECURITY QUESTION, click on the PERSONAL INFORMATION link.
- Click on CHANGE SECURITY QUESTION, confirm your PIN, update the QUESTION & ANSWER.
I do not know my x-number or security question answer
- If you are a CURRENT or FORMER STUDENT call the REGISTRAR 1718-990-1339 ( Monday- Thursday 8:30 AM – 4:30 PM | Friday 8:30 AM – 3:00 PM)
- If you are a CURRENT EMPLOYEE, contact your SUPERVISOR or HUMAN RESOURCES 1718-990-1865 ( Monday – Thursday 8:30 AM – 4:30 PM | Friday 8:30am-3pm)
- If you are a FORMER EMPLOYEE call HUMAN RESOURCES 1718-990-1865 Monday – Thursday 8:30 AM – 4:30 PM | Friday 8:30 AM – 3:00 PM